This summer Eric Newlin is joining our studio to teach three piano workshops: Piano Improvisation, Creative Composition, and Learning to Play by Ear.
Workshops like these will enhance student creativity and music-making confidence in piano lessons. They are especially good for students who want to try an additional approach to learning piano, need an extra challenge, or need help taking the next step musically. With these skills, kids will be able to play favorite tunes by ear, understand harmony, jam with a friend, and understand music more intuitively.
Enrollment is still open for our Creative Composition workshop.
Creative Composition Workshop
- Saturday, August 6, 9:00am-12:00pm
- Location: Leslie’s Music Studio
- Learn the keys to composing your own musical masterpiece. Enrollment open to all Middle and High School students with 6 months or more of experience in piano lessons. Enrollment in the previous week’s class, “Improvisation Workshop” is encouraged for students who wish to take “Creative Composition,” but is not required.
- Cost: $30
- Registration deadline: July 14
- REGISTRATION FORM here: http://goo.gl/forms/IP2QqlZJDJ
About the Instructor: Eric Newlin (husband of Leslie Newlin) teaches and directs the choral program at Pioneer Trail Middle School in the Olathe School District. He holds a Bachelor of Music Education, and is currently pursuing his Master of Music Education with an emphasis in Choral Pedagogy at KU. He has in-depth experience teaching, directing, singing, performing on the piano, leading worship bands, and improvising.